These Days Are Rare Indeed

It's unexpected. It's rare. It's indescribable. But I'm going to try. It's 3:20 a.m. and I am wide awake. Alive, in fact. Pictures from tonight are uploading to my laptop. "Fresh Feeling" by The Eels is on my iTunes. It's a good night to be in love. So many days I try to make myself love this thing called life, but most of us know that forced affection is oxymoronic. But right now there is no part of me that is trying. There is nothing inside me but joy.

Today wasn't supposed to be like this. It was supposed to be a mellow end to the week. Instead, there was the haircut my non-prefered stylist gave me. The pointless drive with a friend to the DMV. The subpar P.F. Chang's takeout (yes it's possible). The Owl City concert where pushy "Blondie" almost ruined the whole thing and I met every performer except the one I went to see. The drive back that I thought my tired body would use to sleep. The cold weather that brought snow.

But my short cut looks great. The trip to the DMV was relaxing. The Chinese take out was still P.F. Chang's, and the appetizer was free. The concert ended up being the most adventurous of any other, and I got autographs for a friend who couldn't get a ticket. The drive back consisted of great conversation and more sweet tunes. And even the snow looks so perfect!

The planets and stars must have come to a rare alignment. It's day that I'll use to remind myself that life is so damn good. I know, I know. Things aren't perfect. No need to tell myself. But right now I'm going to sort through some pictures, maybe write a poem or read some, drag out my coffeemaker or make tea, and simply enjoy that which only the God I know is out there gave me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
©2009 Poetry Found Me