The Pain of Change

No words can convey how much I needed to hear this:

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." — Anatole France (French Poet)

Soon after, I ran into this poem excerpt. Though it wasn't written by me, it is for you from me, dear friends. You to whom I am extremely close and you whom, from a distance, I see hurting everyday.

from "Saint Francis and the Sow" - Galway Kinnell

The bud
Stands for all things,
Even for those things that don’t flower,
For everything flowers, from within, of self-blessing;
Though sometimes it is necessary
To reteach a thing its loveliness,
To put a hand on the brow
Of the flower,
And retell it in words and in touch,
It is lovely
Until it flowers again from within, of self-blessing.

It's tough, and sometimes the pain is immeasurable. But be brave and hope.

(Source)

1 comments:

Hannah said...

That is beautiful. I want to print that out and put it on my wall eventually.

Post a Comment

 
©2009 Poetry Found Me